Sunday, December 1, 2013

Moggin' with Tabards - Tabard of the Hand, Cloth (Sam's Transmog Contest)

Ok, yeah I know, it's been kind of dead around here recently. There's just SO much to do these days, and so little time do to it. Blogs have kind of been on the back burner as a result. 

Anywho, a couple weeks ago I found out about Samaramon's Transmog Contest and got super excited. She wants some mogs (any armor type) designed around Tabard of the Hand, the tabard that Draenei get in their starting zone from completing The Unwritten Prophecy

Sam is also being uber nice by accepting entries using any race, but I felt I had to use a Draenei for my entries as I'm also posting these as part of my "Moggin' with Tabards" series. I actually ended up using Euphyley's model for the first time ever. Darn hunter is always stealing the spotlight!

This entry somehow ended up being all about stripes! It started with one piece (I believe it was the leggings), and things just kind of snowballed from there. I had a hard time choosing shoulders I liked, but ultimately landed on these because I loved how the grey color looked as if it were fading right into the tabard.


Items used in this Transmog & Source:

Silksand Circlet - level 40ish world drop
Gleaming-Eye Shoulderpads - Megaera, Throne of Thunder (Raid Finder)
Elegant Tunic - trash mobs in Molten Core, Blackwing Lair & Black
Gloves of Piscine Attraction - Quest reward from Odor Coater
Mindthrust Bracers - Shadowfang Keep trash drop (Normal)
Klaxxi Lash of the Seeker - purchased with valor from Ambersmith Zikk <Klaxxi Quartermaster>
Elegant Leggings - level 60ish world drop
Gnomish Casting Boots - Quest reward from Show Them Gnome Mercy!
Staff of Natural Fury - Burning Crusade dungeon/raid trash drop

See this mog on other models: Wowhead item comparison of this set

Stay tuned for my remaining entries for leather, mail & plate!

6 comments:

  1. Oh nice job. The colours work really well here and you're right about the shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering and it's so refreshing to see your mog-blog active again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lovely! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kamalia, hopefully I'll have the rest up within the next couple of weeks (baby permitting of course). ;)

      Delete